Provide efficient, effective and highly-collaborative clinical operational support through the delivery of health care services in the UI Heart and Vascular Center's (HVC) outpatient clinic and procedural units for all cardiovascular specialty services.
HVC cardiovascular specialty services include: Cardiology, Cath/EP, Non-Invasive Imaging, Cardiac Rehab, Heart Failure, Heart Transplant, Lung Transplant, Pulmonary Hypertension, VAD, Vascular Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Provide frontline clinical operational support directly related to the scheduling of patient appointments for all cardiovascular specialty services (Cardiology, Cath/EP, Heart Failure, Heart Transplant, Lung Transplant, Pulmonary Hypertension, VAD, Vascular Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Surgery) using the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Assist with complex procedure scheduling and the coordination of appointments for the HVC procedural units (adult cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology and vascular labs).
- Obtain required prior authorizations prior to scheduling procedures.
- Oversee EPIC in-basket and prior authorization work queue.
- Assist in the resolution of issues related to scheduling, prior authorization and/or denials. Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to ensure effective and efficient clinical operations. Appropriately notify HVC Support Services Manager and frontline supervisors of scheduling issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide exceptional (and ongoing) customer service to internal and external constituents (including but not limited to: patients, families/caregivers, UI PAC, Patient Financial Services, etc.) to ensure the delivery of patient access related and operational services, as well as satisfaction.
- Regularly attend and contribute to unit staff meetings. Provide feedback and/or ideas to continuously enhance the delivery of health care services and staff/provider and patient satisfaction.
- May provide training and/or participate in the onboarding of new frontline staff and/or students/temporary staff.
- Adhere to HVC provider and UI Patient Access Services (UI PAC) clinical operation guidelines and practices.
- Ability to meet flexible work schedule (coverage hours may vary between 7am – 5:30pm).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
UI Health Care Core Values (ICARE)
We seek creative ways to solve problems.
We believe teamwork is the best way to work.
We behave ethically, act openly and with integrity in all that we do, taking responsibility for our actions.
We honor diversity and recognize the worth and dignity of every person.
We strive to achieve excellence in all that we do.