Ortho Colorado Hospital is this state’s only specialty orthopedic surgical hospital. Created by physicians in partnership with Centura Health, Ortho Colorado integrates state-of-the-art technology and award-winning care into a 48-bed facility designed around the seven essential elements of true healing: nature, color, light, environment, security, way-finding and culture. Located on the recently-built St. Anthony Medical Campus in Denver’s western suburb of Lakewood, Ortho Colorado is serviced by light rail transportation (for an easy commute) and surrounded by great dining, shopping, residential areas and easy access to nearby destinations like Red Rocks Amphitheatre, historic downtown Golden, and the beautiful town of Evergreen.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 102942
Recruiter Contact: DustinTallant@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 7214 ORTHOCOLO PERIANESTHESIA
Hospital: OrthoColorado Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
PURPOSE: (General purpose of the job; why the job exists. No more than one to three sentences is needed.)
The Clinical Lead is responsible for ensuring the accomplishment of the organization's mission and goals. Is a leader, mentor, coach, and role model. Is responsible for the daily operational management of the department in collaboration with the Director of Nursing. Represents the staff through growth, change, and problem resolution. Participates in performance reviews, counseling, interviewing, and other delegated responsibilities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (Describe only the minimum requirements)
MINIMUM EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS/LICENSE/DEGREE REQUIRED:
Colorado RN License; Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association; ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire into position; Basic and Advanced Preceptor Class; Certification in area of specialty preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum two years in clinical specialty, previous leadership experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates physical and mental abilities to apply nursing and management theories, procedures and standards of clinical practice
- Manages limited resources
- Demonstrates effective and appropriate communication skills
- Participates in making collaborative decisions that contribute to the success of the organization
- Uses critical thinking and emotional intelligence to adapt to changing needs of a healthcare system
- Coaches staff on problem solving and critical thinking
- Attends at least two continuing education sessions per year. One related to management/leadership and the other related to an area of clinical expertise.
- Promotes a unit environment that encourages retention, development of staff, customer service, and family-centered care
- Facilitates staff competency by identifying, measuring and evaluating desired performance and holding staff accountable
- Provides leadership for identification, initiation, and follow-up for conflict resolution
- Facilitates creative development of processes and standards which ensure quality patient care
- Engages in a collaborative partnership with physicians to impact quality of service
- Is aware of department issues, recognizes needs and recommends innovative changes, offers suggestions for quality and process improvement activities, and participates in quality activities.
- Participates in the implementation and controls of cost-effective operating budget process in order to accomplish appropriate staffing levels.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.