Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Associate Director, Real World Data Science, Product Development Biometrics, Genentech/Roche
Associate Director - Real World Data-ScienceThe Real World Data-Science (RWD-S) Manager is responsible for managing a group of RWD Scientists that provide expert advice and services to pre-approval and post-approval development and product portfolio programs across Roche. These services extend to RWD applications for Safety pharmacovigilance, Regulatory, Clinical, Operations, Global and Local Medical Affairs, and patient access program activities. Typically their accountability extends across multiple molecules and one or more disease areas.
- People Development and Management
- Line management responsibility for individual contributor RWD Scientists of all seniority levels, including setting of individual accountabilities and objectives and performance evaluation on an ongoing basis and at regular review sessions.
- Coaches RWD Scientists without taking on their formal project responsibility, for example by the use of informal regular project reviews or preparation for cross-functional review meetings and by reviewing project deliverables
- Ensures continued career development for RWD Scientists through selection of work assignments and on-going coaching and training
- Functional Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative relationships and effective partnerships with key cross-functional colleagues (e.g., peer managers in other functions)
- Ensures projects receive sufficient resources through workload planning with other RWD-S managers (including Regional Head of Analysts) and coordination with other functions
- Advises RWD Scientists on RWD strategy development and execution
- Ensures adherence to business processes, identifies opportunities to improve business processes, and encourages consistent approaches to RWD-S accountabilities
- Leads RWD-S and cross-functional initiatives
- May serve as a member of global cross-functional teams (e.g. GDT, GMAT) providing strategic input and RWD-S expertise into the CDP, TPP, AMP, and ABP
- May serve as the leader of one or more RWD-S Disease Area Teams
Who You Are
- Demonstrated managerial skills with individuals working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to develop staff through coaching and mentoring
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that projects are neither over- or under-resourced, and that staff is working on high-value activities at a scope in line with business need
- Ability to champion processes and practices to ensure functional norms and best practices are being applied
- Experience in design, implementation and reporting of real-world data studies in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good understanding of private and public real-world data sources
- Adept at explaining analytical basics to a broad range of stakeholders
- Communicates clearly and effectively in written reports, data presentations and meetings.
- Actively establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other functions; is co-operative, takes cultural and value differences into account in dealings with others.
- Flexible with a systematic and goal-oriented working style
- Shows initiative and business awareness
- Good knowledge of international regulatory and ICH GCP guidelines.
Background/Experience and Education:
- PhD in Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, HEOR, Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar areas of academic discipline.
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment.
- Experience managing quantitative scientists
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
Apply Link: http://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job/apply/3106259558?src=JB-11480