The selected candidate will be responsible for the operations of the IMSA Fund for Advancement of Education, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, institutionally-related foundation and component unit of IMSA the state agency.
The IMSA Fund for Advancement of Education is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation organized for the benefit of, to perform the functions of, or to carry out certain charitable, educational, literary and scientific purposes of the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. The IMSA Fund solicits, receives, invests and administers gifts, grants and other contributions from the private sector (corporations, foundations, individuals and other organizations) to support IMSA's mission and work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable, including monthly reconciliation.
- Monitor budgets, cash flow, and investments for the IMSA Fund.
- Serve as Secretary to the IMSA Fund Board of Directors.
- General check writing, bank deposits, wire transfers, EFTs, credit card processing, etc.
- Assist Program Managers with grant award requests.
- Assist Grant Managers with coding and tracking of grants.
- Establish and maintain processes and procedures.
- Manage preparation for and execution of annual financial audit and biennial compliance audit with accountant.
- Manage annual filing of tax returns and other required financial reports with accountant.
- Maintain the Development department sections of the IMSA website.
- Manage and administer scholarships established for IMSA students by donors to the IMSA Fund.
- Serve as the Development representative to the IMSA operational coordinators committee.
- Answer department phone line, direct calls, and greet visitors, as needed.
- Maintain supply inventory for Development department.
- Manage scheduling of the Development Conference room.
- Perform annual State of Illinois equipment inventory for Development area.
- Schedule Development team meetings.
- Ability to flex schedule to work periodic evening or weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned