| Stunning natural outdoor beauty and excitement. Culture, music, arts, sports, and community. Tallest trees in the world. Stunning Pacific Ocean beaches. Surfing, fishing, kayaking. Cycling, backpacking, sailing. Incredible medical community and resources. |
About the practice:
- Busy practice, established, successful private practice in Fortuna, California.
- Opening due to physician retiring.
- Call 1:3. Attend deliveries only when asked. 30 deliveries/month.
- Great community support and backup of respected colleagues.
Why practice medicine in Humboldt County, California?
- Rewarding relationships with patients who appreciate their physicians
- Manageable practice environments to support quality care
- Backup of many highly regarded specialists locally who appreciate their colleagues
- Physician commitment to caring for our community.
Glimpse of the Area:
- Humboldt area--Eureka, Fortuna, Arcata--is the 5 hours north of San Francisco, minutes from Pacific Ocean beaches and nestled in the majestic redwood forests-home to the tallest trees in the world.
- Outdoor activities are abundant in Humboldt: hiking, backpacking, camping, kayaking, world class fishing, incredible surfing, cycling, paddle boarding, sailing, rock climbing . . .
- Backpacker magazine has named the region--Arcata, Eureka, Fortuna--as one of "The Best Cities to Raise an Outdoor Kid."
- National Geographic Traveler has selected Redwood National Park as one of the top 50 world destinations--one of only 5 U.S. places honored.
- The World Wildlife Fund named Humboldt County as part of the one of the most diverse ecoregions left on the planet.
- Numerous festivals and events year round including jazz, oysters, rodeos, aviary, fireworks over the bay, kinetic art sculpture races, marathons, cycling, and so much more.
We are rural, but nearby Eureka is the largest city on the coast between San Francisco and Portland, Oregon. Our cultural and social amenities are a bit cosmopolitan.
We have a vibrant theater and arts scene, a thriving locavore tradition, and cultural and social opportunities supported by Humboldt State University and the College of the Redwoods.
This is a spectacular place to call home, raise a family, and to practice medicine.
Humboldt offers an excellent quality of life, natural outdoor beauty, picturesque coastlines, majestic redwoods, higher education, arts, music, culture, close-knit community, and the opportunity for a personally rewarding medical practice. Fortuna is home to Redwood Memorial Hospital, a 25 bed high functioning critical access hospital with a 24/7 Emergency Department, a hospitalist program, orthopedic and surgery center, primary care, and a growing obstetrical service. The hospital itself is going through a major refurbishment with plans for new ICU, expansion of the OR, and a brand new Acute Rehabilitation Unit addition slated for 2019.
For more information contact:
Michael Dunn, Physician Recruitment Coordinator,
St. Joseph Health Humboldt
(707)445-8121 Ext 7505
Carolyn Lane, Area Director of Physician Recruitment,
St. Joseph Health, Humboldt
(707)445-8121 Ext 7508