Department: IT Services
Reports to: Managing Director of IT
Supervisor to: Cloud Engineer, Help Desk Manager
The Director of Technology Infrastructure serves as a member of IT Services Team and will be responsible for strategic planning and production support of all voice, data and networking operations of all IT Services campuses including management of day-to-day hardware and software activities related to voice communications, data/Internet communications, workstation support, database stability and networking.
The Director will serve as the lead for the technology team's responsibilities for operating and enhancing the technology infrastructure for all IT Services clients that utilize shared technology services in the Kimmel Center consortium which include the Philadelphia Orchestra, Kimmel Center, Ticket Philadelphia, Opera Philadelphia, the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Curtis Institute of Music.
The Director will provide technical direction and guidance to other IT staff which includes leading the support of all shared Services users by operating the Help Desk that responds to operational problems and requests for expansion or alterations of current Services.
The Director will develop and maintain the technology architecture that identifies the technology that will support IT Services clients and plan the acquisition and integration of those technologies. The Director will also ensure that IT Services maintains the right level of currency in those technologies.
The Director will be responsible for managing major infrastructure improvement projects.
In addition, the Director will also serve as the relationship manager for IT Services clients, who contract helpdesk and infrastructure services from IT Services.
- Develop and implement long-range plans to grow the technology infrastructure to meet changing client requirements and take advantage of new technologies that improve cost and performance.
- Develop and maintain a technology architecture that identifies the technology elements and how they work together to support the user base and the applications in the environment.
- Supervise the helpdesk and infrastructure team. These duties include, but are not limited to, conducting annual performance reviews, conducting weekly team infrastructure meetings, ensuring employees track and enter time, providing timely team statuses to management, and implementing efficiencies in team workflows.
- Manage the activities required to support and enhance the technology environment including the server rooms, the voice and data networks and the workstations in all client operations.
- Develop and maintain standards for introduction of new technology into the shared technology environment.
- Enforcing any and all PCI-DSS regulation as mandated by business rules for all IT Services clients.
- Evaluate, select and support the right set of technology to meet client requirements in a cost effective manner.
- Lead the development and maintain access and data security across the network. Ensure that the necessary level of security is maintained for internal and external users.
- Lead the operation of the Help Desk who provides operational support Services to all users of IT Services. Maintain metrics on traffic and response time to incoming requests.
- Work with client organizations to plan new facilities and major changes to existing facilities to ensure that proper equipment and wiring is built in to support the technology needs going forward.
- Identify new technology that may be useful to client organizations and work with other IT Services employees and users to test the viability and value of the technology.
- Maintain relationships with technology vendors. Understand new offerings and make decisions as when to upgrade technology used by Shared Services.
- Perform Services for on-call after-hours IT Services support rotation.
- Act as the relationship manager for assigned IT Services clients.
- Work with the client management team to establish the IT strategic direction, build the annual operating plan and budget for infrastructure, and work throughout the year in implementing the identified projects and responding to new issues or opportunities where information technology is a part of the solution.
Bachelor's degree in a related field plus a minimum of ten years of experience (with at least 3 years in IT management) in Information Technology; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to construct and execute project requirements, plans, timelines that follow the SDLC (Systems Design Lifecycle)
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, including SQL server, SSRS, MS Office including Project, Windows Server/workstations
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi/ESX and vSphere Client
- Technology architecture design skills
- Knowledge of Cisco products for L2, L3, UCCM, UCCX and UCS.
- Knowledge of network firewall, routing and security/encryption
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating environments
- Knowledge of shell scripting, perl, php, powershell or Windows batch scripting
- Knowledge of mobile devices and limitation
- Knowledge of hardware load balancing (Big-IP F5), general iRule programming
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and other Cloud Services
- Ability to support different platform of CMS for non-ticketing websites
- Ability to work in a team environment and manage relationships with multiple departments
- Demonstrated organizational and supervisory skills
- Ability to think strategically and provide leadership in support of long-term departmental and organizational goals
- Knowledge of the business practices of performing arts organizations, including ticketing, fundraising, personnel and event planning
- Knowledge of business financial practices including but not limited to capital expenditures, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Work closely with finance department by assisting with maintaining monthly budget
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Routine for office environment. Evening and weekend work may be required. Required availability for on-call after-hours IT support rotation.