Auburn Global is a partnership between Auburn University and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood in obtaining their Auburn degrees.
The Academic Services Coordinator (ASC) provides support for the Auburn Global academic team. The position reports to the Associate Academic Director, MAP. The ASC drives academic protocols and implementation of academic policies, and tracks key performance indicators for student cohorts at large under the direction of the academic leadership. The ASC also advises students on their academic lives and curricular requirements for their intended majors as well as utilization of academic support services. In addition, the ASC works with Auburn University staff in coordination of academic support services and transitioning to the university. Lastly, the AS provides support to the academic team in the areas of record keeping, scheduling, teaching, and relationship building with Auburn University.
- Coordinate the collection of data and report on Academic KPI's
- Develop and maintain cohort and student academic history and academic performance tracking mechanisms.
- Coordinate the academic support services for Auburn Global students with Auburn University's Academic Support Services
- Coordinate meetings between Student Services Advisors and students who are struggling academically as needed, and serve as ancillary support for academics in such meetings as required
- Register students in courses within the Banner student information system
- Develop and present workshops on study skills, plagiarism, library resources, and other academic topics
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of academic overview session at initial student orientation.
- Work closely with the College advisors to ensure a coordinated advising and registration process as students' progress
- Maintain student academic records and statistics, including progression statistics, FERPA release forms, workshop attendance, and notes from faculty
- Participate in committee meetings with stakeholders across the University, including faculty and staff
- Serve as liaison to the Advisors and Counselors Caucus
- Assist the Academic Leadership team as needed
- Master's Degree, preferably in a related field
- 3–5 years working experience in higher education as instructor or academic advisor, or as administrative staff in a registrar's office, academic, or related department
- Experience scheduling courses, classrooms, and faculty
- Proficiency with industry standard software and registration programs: Banner, PeopleSoft, Astra, (or other) strongly preferred
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access required
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM at the data entry and administrative level preferred
- Function as academic liaison to Auburn Global Student Services, providing trainings, and serving as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) as required
- Ability to work effectively with students one on one and in small groups to share academic and curricular information; lead workshops
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity toward students and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Exemplary customer service skills and professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and communication skills
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
- Ability to work in a diverse environment that requires cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, and maintain a high-energy level
- Eligible to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight “Join the Team” page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Auburn Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.