TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
This is a 2nd shift position in Pittsburgh, PA, for a special group.
Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) maintains all enterprise databases to ensure integrity, performance, availability, and recoverability of data. This administrator conducts end-to-end plan design, production support, and implements and monitors database systems. The primary focus for this individual will be to provide production support, database design, install, monitors, patch Oracle database environments. Must be willing to participate in weekly rotations to provide on-site DBA support during evenings and weekends.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Proactively monitor database performance and take necessary actions to improve throughput and stability of the database platform.
- Plan and execute database upgrades and patches.
- Troubleshoot production issues and clearly communicate the resolution to the stakeholders.
- Work with Data and Business Architects to come up with optimal logical and physical database design.
- Work with application development teams to rollout DB changes in all environments.
- Ensure that the development and test databases are functioning properly and work the developers to make sure that the enterprise database conventions and security standards are being followed.
- Participate in weekly rotation to provide DBA support evenings and weekends on premises.
Sr. Specialist Database Analyst->> Designs, implements, and supports database management structures, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving and conversion strategies. Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access. Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all areas of database support. Designs, implements, and maintains physical database structures and associated network and system configurations. Manages data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures. Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Assists database team in providing problem identification and resolution support through analysis and research. Designs and administers database security strategies. Installs and configures database management system and related distributed system software as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.