|The Director, Research & Prospect Management (DRPM) is responsible for university wide prospect and donor identification and management, electronic and peer prospect rating, Prospect Action Tracking (Moves Management), and development research in support of the university’s centralized and decentralized advancement and development programs. |
|Educational Requirements: |
|Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. |
|Minimum Requirements: |
- At least eight (8) years of experience in higher education development research or related field
- Supervisory experience of professional staff; ability to motivate and support team members
- Proficiency in understanding and employing library and government reference sources, prospect research and writing techniques, database and related computer literacy
- Progressive experience in data analytics, comprehensive biographical or genealogical research, and/or financial analysis
- Proficiency in proactive fundraising management and research techniques and best practices
- Experience using online databases such as LexisNexis, Wealth Engine, FC Search Online, Foundation Search, IWAVE, SEC Documents
- Familiarity with fundraising systems and proficiency in MS Word (merges, advanced formatting), MS Excel (including filtering, equations), and MS Access (queries, mail merges, forms)
- Experience working with mid- to high-level organization administrators
- Demonstrated experience building successful, productive relationships with university administrators and advancement professionals
- Experience interpreting and analyzing data, using insights to change operations and achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by clear, concise, and persuasive writing, public speaking, and private discourse
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated experience successfully working with persons from diverse backgrounds
- Maturity, sound judgment, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
|Additional Information: |
|Work may be required evenings, weekends, and during established University events such as the annual President’s Circle Dinner and All-American Weekend and/or to meet deadlines. Position located at the 4401 Connecticut Avenue NW location. |
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a writing sample with their applications.
Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.