Program Management Specialist - (170000QN)
***This is a Contractual Position***
The Department of Adult Health Nursing at the University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Nursing is seeking a Program Management Specialist to support two funded grant projects. One project is an online trial which is implementing online health learning programs in older adults. The other project is implementing a new online focus program specifically designed for nursing students. The position performs a variety of routine professional and analytical assignments involving the practical application of management principles and techniques to routine operational activities.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,700 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs. It is ranked 6th among all schools of nursing in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, and 11th in funding for nursing schools from the National Institutes of Health. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland, graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, and social work. Its interdisciplinary graduate school has more than 40 programs in the biosciences, law, and social work, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with government agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB.
- Assists in the management of two grant projects (R21 technology grant; NSP educational grant involving care coordination and technology)
- Assists in the planning and implementation of new or revised programs, procedures, practices and organization.
- Assists in preparation and follow up on Institutional Review Board (IRB) related activities (e.g. renewal, modification, maintenance of regulatory binder, etc).
- Assists in or conducts studies and analyses of programs, organizations, procedures, or systems of limited scope or assists senior specialists in more complex projects.
- Assist in implements an online intervention to include tracking participants, web activities, deploying modules, and facilitating discussion board activities.
- Assists in the preparation of surveys, web learning modules, final reports, promotional materials, recommendations, and other information resources for the improvement of the organizational element or its programs.
- Conducts basic efficiency, time and cost studies and analyses of work processes and systems. Prepares simple statistical tables and charts, staffing patterns, work flow and organization charts.
- Establishes effective communication channels and acts as liaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution. Collaborates with school's academic offices such as admissions and web/communication office for advertisement and promotion of program.
- Participates in specialty program information session and keep track of students' progress in a designated program.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Two years' experience in administrative staff work.
Preferred Education: Master's degree in in related field is preferred.
Preferred Experience: Clinical Experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Elementary knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information; of basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses or programs, procedures, and organizations; of basic analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skill in the use of office automation software and its application; in operating manual and automated office equipment. Working knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, and development of Power Point slides and Internet usage. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form; strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
Other: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are not eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Salary Range: $41,000 - $51,000
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - N10PM1
Employee Class Exempt Contingent II
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: School of Nursing
: Apr 19, 2017