| The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, launched in the academic year 2016-2017, is comprised of the university's three accredited business schools: the School of Hotel Administration, the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, and the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management. The College delivers undergraduate, graduate, and professional business programs creating a collaborative, comprehensive business management program that preserves the excellence of all three schools while uniting the faculty and students.|
Founded in 1922, today's School of Hotel Administration (SHA) is the World's Most Adventurous Business School. Our mission is to create and disseminate knowledge about hospitality management through teaching, research, industry relations, and service. The school is home to 800 undergraduates, 110 graduate students and more than 1,700 industry professionals from 90 countries enrolled in executive education.
The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business (JCB) currently seeks a motivated, articulate and service-oriented professional in the role of Administrative and Processing Assistant. The position coordinates application completion – including preparation for review, coordination of online reading/voting, notification and record keeping – for JCB undergraduate (Dyson School and Hotel School) and specialized professional master's degree programs (including MMH, Baker MPSRE, MPS –Acctg Specialization).
The position also provides general administrative support to the Executive Director and admissions team, including preparation of digital and print materials, event planning, archiving and record keeping, data management across various Cornell data platforms. The position may also serve as Graduate Field Assistant (GFA) of the JCB to the Cornell Graduate School.
The incumbent should be a professional communicator, as you have daily interaction with prospective applicants and their families, applicants, admitted students, faculty, high school guidance counselors, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Office administrative experience, preferably with an emphasis on marketing or communication.
- Spanish or Mandarin fluency desired.
- Team orientation and ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders (applicants, parents, students, faculty, alumni, guidance counselors).
- Position requires considerable independent judgment, decision making and a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience with data and data analysis, together with strong computer skills required.
- Second language fluency (including writing and speaking), especially Spanish or Mandarin
- HTML knowledge
- Experience in customer service, higher education, marketing & communications, event planning, hospitality, university communications
- Experience with OBIEE, PeopleSoft, Slate, ImageNow, CollegeNet or application software, CRM systems
University Job Title:Student Services Asst IV
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Danielle George
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-04-19-07:00