| The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, launched in the academic year 2016-2017, is comprised of the university's three accredited business schools: the School of Hotel Administration, the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, and the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management. The College delivers undergraduate, graduate, and professional business programs creating a collaborative, comprehensive business management program that preserves the excellence of all three schools while uniting the faculty and students.|
Founded in 1922, today's School of Hotel Administration (SHA) is the World's Most Adventurous Business School. Our mission is to create and disseminate knowledge about hospitality management through teaching, research, industry relations, and service. The school is home to 800 undergraduates, 110 graduate students and more than 1,700 industry professionals from 90 countries enrolled in executive education.
The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business (JCB) currently seeks a motivated, articulate and service-oriented professional in the role of Admissions Counselor. The Admissions Counselor executes JCB's recruitment and yield strategies to build its pool of diverse, qualified applicants, and to ultimately select and enroll excellent students for its undergraduate (Dyson School and Hotel School) and/or its specialized professional master's degree programs.
Responsibilities of the Admissions Counselor include: Prospect management (lead generation, contact management); Communications relating to recruitment and yield (inquiry management, targeted messaging per communications schedule via email and social media platforms, content management on JCB admissions webpages and relevant third-party web platforms, communication projects including video, publications and mailings). Admission Counselors coordinate and manage events for recruitment and yield – on-campus (information sessions, interview days, Cornell Days, Diversity Hosting, etc.), off-campus (information and interview sessions) and e-events (virtual information sessions, webinars and chats). Outreach and relationship building with 'influencers' in the college selection process is an important facet of the Admissions Counselor position; parents, guidance counselors, CBO's. Additionally outreach to alumni in industry to leverage their support in recruitment and particularly yield. The Admissions Counselor also assists in processing applications for completion, interviewing and reviewing completed applications for admission. The position supervises student workers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; master's preferred.
- Excellent communication skills: writing, speaking (including presentations)
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation
- Social media experience, ideally in professional context
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders; prospective undergraduate and graduate applicants, parents, guidance counselors, faculty and others.
- Analytical thinker; problem solver
- Technical aptitude; strong Excel skills, word processing, databases, CRM and related systems
- High energy, initiative, enthusiasm
- Collaborative, team-oriented
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks within time constraints
- Handle multiple tasks and audiences
- Sound judgment, confidentiality and discretion
- Organized; ability to plan and work per a schedule/calendar
- Ability to travel, and organize travel
- Master's degree
- Second language fluency (including writing and speaking), especially Spanish or Mandarin
- SEO, web analytics, HTML knowledge and experience
- Experience in: Customer service; Higher Education; Professional sales, marketing, communications; Event planning; Hospitality or related field; University recruitment and communications.
- Experience with OBIEE, PeopleSoft, CollegeNet or application software, CRM systems
University Job Title:Student Svc Assoc I
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Danielle George
Number of Openings:2
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-04-19-07:00