Technical Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Java EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, JCA
• Frameworks: Grails, Spring 2.5 / 3.1, Spring MVC, Spring Security
• Web Services: WSDL, SOAP, WS-I, UDDI, JAX-WS, AXIS, XML RPC, WS-Security, JAX-RS, REST
• Databases/Java Database Frameworks: Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, JPA
• WordPress: WordPress theme and plugin development, PHP
• Debugging: Multitier application front end and back end debugging
• Software Architecture: Define, document, and communicate the software. Make sure everyone is using it, and using it correctly. Resolve disputes and make tradeoffs. Resolve technical problems.
• Project Life Cycle Management: Maintain application versions and task in JIRA. Log user stories, and have the ability to break them down into development and design tasks. Create estimates on how long releases will take.
• Model View Controller (MVC): Working knowledge of MVC and how to implement and maintain applications using this approach.
• Communication: Effective written and verbal communication, targeting both clients and pears
• Testing: Junit, User Acceptance, and load testing
• Analyzing: Gathering system requirements and selecting appropriate hardware and software for system design
• User interface design standards
General Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Leadership: Provide mentorship, guidance, and share knowledge within the organization
• Developing logical procedures
• Analyzing systems and problems
• Ability to handle emergency situations quickly and calmly
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Preparing clear and concise documentation
• Reports of work performed and other written material
• Instructing customer staff in the operation of new or revised computer applications, including explaining system concepts to non-technical customers
• Exercising sound independent decisions within established procedural guidelines
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
• Ability to work in a team-based environment.
• Demonstrate initiative and disciplined approach to work
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer