This position is responsible for providing general direction, organization, monitoring, and supervision for maintaining University grounds in a well preserved and aesthetically appropriate manner. Individuals in this position provide technical assistance to department leadership and assist with the planning, installation and maintenance of landscape components, including all lawns and other plantings.
- Coordinate routine and non-routine seasonal maintenance for campus trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, turfgrass and native habitat.
- Monitor and coordinate work on campus irrigation systems
- Supervise, evaluate, hire, train and schedule full-time & part-time grounds maintenance personnel.
- Evaluate and coordinate off-campus grounds contractors.
- Supervise the design, installation and maintenance of new and seasonal landscape plantings.
- Monitor departmental equipment inventory, utilization, replacement cycles, maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain compliance in record keeping and required training.
- Assist instructors and other user groups with campus activities that involve campus properties
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license.
- Horticultural training required.
- Five years of experience in groundskeeping, including 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in higher education or similar institutional setting.
$47,476 - $54,746 annually
May 2, 2017
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: