General Descriptionfull-time position with International Health; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday
Support programmatic and administrative activities for two projects focused on translating evidence and developing the public sector investment case for scaling up access to rotavirus vaccines. Provide administrative and logistical support to two sister projects, RAVIN (flexible, up to 50%) and the ROTA Council (flexible, up to 30%), as well as support logistics, scheduling and program-related communications for the Principal Investigator of the two projects, and as needed for project leadership (flexible, up to 40%). Responsibilities will vary from month to month.
The Rotavirus Accelerated Vaccine Introduction Network (RAVIN) is a partnership between the International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC) at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (lead institution), JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This project is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, RAVIN identifies gaps in capacity and resources of countries and their long-standing partners, tailoring advocacy and technical support to ongoing efforts for timely and equitable rotavirus vaccine introduction. We are focused in regions of the world where there is considerable opportunity to build momentum in vaccine introduction. Introducing rotavirus vaccine allows countries to prevent severe rotavirus-related diarrhea morbidity and hospitalizations, and contributes to global reductions in diarrhea mortality.
ROTA Council (ROTA), a 2.5 year, $2.5-Million grant awarded to the International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC), funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), engages 23 leading technical experts in 11 countries to advocate for global rotavirus vaccine introduction and scale-up and ensure scientific consensus around key issues related to rotavirus vaccines, targeted advocacy in Gavi-eligible and middle-income countries.
Coordinate internal project meetings. Manage meeting schedules, calendar invitations for all recurring and ad-hoc meetings. Draft, facilitate revisions, and disseminate agendas in coordination with project staff and leadership. Participate in meetings. Maintain, organize, and disseminate appropriate records of meetings and project activities. Assist meeting convener to create team member accountability to follow through on action items. Prep project leadership and ROTA Council Chair to lead meetings. Maintain onboarding documents for new ROTA Council members. Coordinate and manage external events and meetings. Coordinate logistics (e.g. meeting venue, reservations, payment arrangements). Coordinate travel logistics for external partner attendees (e.g. draft and issue formal invitation letters; support visa logistics; coordinate travel logistics such as hotel, travel, per diem, and other arrangements). Support the event strategy for both projects, including tracking key events/meetings, researching and identifying new opportunities for ROTA Council participation and RAVIN regional capacity-building efforts, and maintaining internal knowledge and prioritization of upcoming events. Draft, revise, and disseminate agendas, and other meeting materials as needed. Work with IVAC colleagues or as needed with consulting agencies to plan logistics for domestic and international meetings and conferences for up to 50 people (invite participants, coordinate travel arrangements & reimbursements including visas, prepare materials dossier, agendas and other meeting documents); develop and disseminate meeting outcomes. Support project briefings with in-country decision makers, including coordinating logistics for in-country briefings with decision-makers and technical experts. Coordinate partner communication. Serve as a liaison to coordinate communications between ROTA Council and RAVIN. Support ROTA Council Members, core partners and Support Team.
- Manage ROTA Council and RAVIN email communications on behalf of P.I. and project Leadership. .
- Maintain official accounts for each project (e.g. gmail account, dropbox, shared calendars, etc.)
- Maintain internal catalogue of materials developed by each project Contribute to development of bimonthly Progress Updates including compiling research summaries and reviewing media tracking reports, in coordination with ROTA Council leadership.
Support Principal Investigator (PI) and other leadership and staff; draft, revise and facilitate distribution of PI communications to internal and external stakeholders. Screen email of PI and flag important communications to the attention of the PI and project Leadership. Serve as a liaison to coordinate activities between ROTA Council and RAVIN. Facilitate drafting, revising and disseminating of product- and project-related communications to external stakeholders on behalf of project leadership.
Other activities for the PI to include:
- submit invoices
- schedule appointments (domestic and international)
- draft letters
- mail, print and review schedule
- create Powerpoint presentations
- proof and submit peer reviewed articles
- draft, proof, and submit letters of recommendation
- organize and manage travel -(contact travel agents, flights, hotels, rental cars, create and manage travel folders)
- update CV and Biosketch
- manage reimbursements
- maintain confidential/personal documents
- manage all accounts and passwords
- schedule other activities and meetings as pertain to the PI's discharge of other academic leadership positions and responsibilities
Other activities for project leadership to include:
- submit invoices and manage project-related travel and activity reimbursements
- schedule high-level appointments if needed
- support creation and revision of project slide decks
- support revisions of project related publications
Perform other duties as required.