| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Center for Molecular Oncology at MSKCC is searching for outstanding computational scientists with a strong interest in developing and applying bioinformatic/quantitative methods to problems in translational cancer biology.
The candidate should have a solid background in both bioinformatics and cancer biology to lead and assist in the development of a state-of-the-art genomics analysis platform. The candidate will interact with investigators with expertise in computational biology, translational therapeutics, and molecular pathology among others. The focus of this research work is the integrative analysis of high throughput genomic data, and work with computational and laboratory-based investigators. The goal is to identify the mutational programs and pathways implicated in disease and treatment response phenotypes and to identify novel therapeutic targets. The ideal candidate will have a focus on and dedication to translational science, be an innovative thinker, exceptional communicator, enjoy working with an interdisciplinary team, and bring intellectual and analytical rigor to their work.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in biological science, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or related field with strong quantitative background. Proficiency with scientific computing software (Matlab, R) and scripting languages is required.
- Solid programming skills and extensive research experience in the biological sciences. A thorough understanding and experience in statistics is strongly preferred.
- Research experience in statistical genetics/genomics strongly preferred and a familiarity with next-generation sequence data and analysis tools is a plus.
- Must be able to both work independently and collaboratively; making necessary connections with experts in various biological and clinical groups.
- Highly motivated with excellent oral and written English communication skills; experience in delivering oral scientific presentations and writing scientific articles strongly preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.