| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Critical Care Data Analyst to join our dynamic team. The data analyst brings experience in data management, statistics, and informatics to the Critical Care Center at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. The data analyst will work directly on particular data modeling, data analysis and systems design projects, and work in collaboration with other team members on the design and implementation of others. This person will continually push the boundaries of the team’s capabilities in quality informatics, and will share what they learn with the group, increasing the overall capacity of the group to take on new projects and to apply new methods.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of work produced.
- Identify and collect necessary information, from internal and external sources, as appropriate and preparing data for analysis.
- Design and develop databases and database-driven applications for data collection, analysis, and reporting pertaining to Department of Health reporting and other quality initiatives.
- Ensure data integrity and database security.
- Help resolve data-related problems of departmental staff members.
- Provide supervision to staff engaged in data-intensive projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and 2-4 years of experience OR
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and less than 2 years of experience (preferred)
- Experience with production programming languages such as ASP.Net, C#, SQL
- Experience with visualization software such as Tableau, SSRS
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to scope out client reporting needs by filtering requirements from multiple parties
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Understanding of how individual data elements are leveraged in business processes
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.