Brown Universityâ??s Office of Internal Audit Services is looking for an Assistant Auditor â?? Intern to work in a dynamic environment and contribute to a variety of internal audit engagements across the University.
As a successful candidate you will gain valuable experience, as you:
- Receive guidance and support from mentors and supervisors to enrich your experience.
- Learn how universities, such as Brown University, apply concepts of governance, risk, compliance, and internal controls.
- Assist with conducting internal audits, document and evaluate internal controls, and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Perform audit tests to verify the accuracy of records and compliance with standards, policies and procedures; and clearly and concisely document audit work, testing procedures, results, conclusions and recommendations.
- Assist in drafting audit reports and other correspondence; participate in meetings with audit clients; complete specific research or other assigned projects; and perform administrative tasks as needed.
- Have the opportunity to attend professional development and training through University-sponsored events and professional organizations that will help you develop and refine your skills.
- Successfully completed a minimum of nine credits of college-level accounting and other business courses.
- Sincere interest in learning about the audit profession.
- Critical thinker with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to carry out assignments and handle information in a strictly confidential manner.
- Maintain a professional presence at all times.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Work well with varying levels of supervision.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Preferred: One audit credit course and knowledge and interest in information technology, including database systems.
This is a paid, 6 month fixed term position with scheduled weekly hours of 15 to 25 hours.
A cover letter expressing your interest in the position and current resume is required. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
For more information about our Office and our value-added services, visit our website at:
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-19-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Auditor - Intern
Worker Sub-Type:Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:25
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.