NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Utility Person.
This position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and neatness of the Medical Center grounds, roofs and elevator pits, and will operate the Hospital Compactors. This position transports mail and supplies to Sterling Forest and staff to various off-campus facilities. Provides emergency transportation for the OR and other departments on request. Provides labor for setting up special functions for a variety of Medical Center clients as well as movement of equipment and supplies. Provides assistance during floods, collapse, power outage or other emergencies. Operates the Medical Center snow plows during snow events.
- Conducts moving of equipment or material with the Medical Center. Performs minor office or equipment moves in a safe and timely manner.
- Transports mail and supplies to the Nelson Institute research facilities. Delivers mail and supplies to Nelson Institute Monday through Friday before 10:30 a.m. Delivers mail and material to the Medical Center before 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Delivers staff and supplies to off campus locations before 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. Transports equipment for the OR and Ambulatory Care Center.
- Operates compactors under the Energy Building. Monitors the non-infectious waste stream to ensure appropriate waste enters compactors. Washes compactors and floor in work area as required. Washes area around container as required.
- Cleans roofs and elevator pits throughout the Medical Center on a scheduled basis. Removes discarded equipment and debris and disposes in the bulk storage area or compactor as required. Sweeps the entire area as required.
- Cleans the Medical Center grounds as scheduled. Performs a complete and thorough cleaning in the area starting at 6:30 a.m. every morning in accordance with departmental procedures and supervisors instructions. Empties all trash receptacles and disposes of trash properly. Vacuums all driveways and walkways thoroughly. Cleans the parking lots and planted areas properly. Removes snow using snow removal equipment and maintains sidewalks and entrances around the Medical Center during snow events.
- Cleaning of the classrooms, seminar rooms and conference rooms, chalk and dry erase boards on a daily basis. Maintains a supply of chalk and ensures there is an adequate stock level.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporating them into the performance of duties.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions.
- Heavy lifting is required.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.