NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Sec I-Intake/Sched (35).
In this role, the successful candidate The FGP SEC I provides administrative assistance with front desk duties and provides support for several clinicians as a liaison between those clinicians and their patients/patient families. The office hours are Monday to Thursday, 9am 8pm and Friday 9am 5pm at the Child Study Centers Lake Success location.
- Provides full range of office support services including answering phones, monitoring voicemail and distributing messages, maintaining clinicians calendars including scheduling meetings, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Prepares and distributes clinical information (reports, letters, etc.) as required
- Prepares expense reimbursements
- Scores and prepares patient questionnaires for clinicians to review prior to appointments
- Assists in special projects including presentations, mailings, etc.
- Schedules appointments and follow up on patient requests (prescriptions, letters, etc.)
- Corresponds with insurance companies for pre-certification of prescriptions and clinical services
- Corresponds with other healthcare providers and/or schools to coordinate patient care
- Scans, copies, and files patient paperwork
- Assists with Intake coordination, including preparation of patient packets and providing information regarding clinical services
- Manages and expedites incoming phone calls
- Greets and checks-in/out patients and other visitors
- Accepts payments and assists in billing requirements
- Assists with routine office maintenance and reports office supply needs
- Provides coverage for support staff as necessary
- Performs other related job duties or responsibilities as requested or required, whether or not specifically mentioned in this job description
To qualify you must have a Demonstrated experience (1-2 years) with administrative tasks, customer service, a positive attitude and interest in the field of mental health and/or healthcare
Extremely organized, ability to multi-task and problem solve, and excellent attention to detail
Experienced with Microsoft Outlook Suite
Sensitivity to confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA is required
Flexibility in schedule a plus
Bachelors degree preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.