NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Assistant IV.
In this role, the successful candidate The Project Assistant IV works under general supervision of the Director and is responsible for supporting, promoting and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of departmental programs and services. The Project Assistant IV will work with internal and external parties to plan and organize the various components needed to initiate, implement and conclude various programs, services and to support the development of departmental research programs.
- Gathers data and/or information from various sources, and prepares summary reports. Designs internal reports as requested by department management. Works with project and research teams to support data analysis pertaining to program research, identifying issues and trends and presents findings to management.
- Supports interdepartmental and inter-organizational projects under the supervision of the Director. Manages project meetings, assembles and maintain project plans and document project progress to meet key deadlines and ensure project success. Helps identifies risks and suggests action to limit risk as necessary. Documents project progress, tracking key milestones, using Microsoft Project Professional and/or other project management tools. Holds project participants accountable for project deliverables and escalates issues to management. Maintains a portfolio of projects and exercises judgment to assist in the planning, preparation, organization, coordination, and delivery of projects and department specific programs and initiatives. Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components of the project(s).
- Organizes complex events and committee meetings, including meeting materials and agendas, identifies needed resources and arranging for required support. May organize travel logistic arrangements and itineraries as needed. Analyzes event participant trends based on attendance patterns, and makes adjustments to future events based on findings. Provides recommendations on changes to agenda/time, accompanying materials and other event related data to Director.
- Responsible for managing the content of the program website. Regularly reviews content, and works directly with the webmaster to make updates as needed. Makes decisions on how to visually present the information. Provides and presents recommendations to team members on what studies or events to promote on the website for the month. Makes updates as agreed upon by the team.
- Responsible for maintain and keeping program blog current and up-to-date. Identifies topics for blog post based on current events, writes and identifies other writers to ensure blog posts align with Center goals and mission and are completed within the set timeframe. May write blog post on behalf of the topic owner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Associate's degree +3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office; familiarity with other databases and analytic tools a plus. Excellent written communication skills applicable to a wide variety of audiences.
Master's Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Public Health or other related field.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.