NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate The Project Manager will support Hospital Operations by contributing to the development, implementation and success of hospital-wide operational projects and initiatives.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to support project planning
- Coordinate project communication with impacted areas across the enterprise
- Build and promote positive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Provide administrative support for Hospital Operations committee meetings including agendas, key decisions, and follow-up action items
- Develop applicable process and outcome metrics to measure project success
- Monitor project progress, tracking key milestones, using Microsoft Project Professional and/or other project management tools to meet the customer needs
- Manage project meetings using project plans to meet key deadlines and ensure progress on the project
- Assemble and maintain project plans and documentation of project progress using standardized project management tools, in accordance with NYU Langone Medical Center guidelines
- Plan and manage Hospital Operations projects as determined by Director of Hospital Operations PMO
To qualify you must have a Master's degree with at least two years of progressive health care experience
Excellent analytical, organization and planning skills
Knowledge of project management tools, methods, and best practices
Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office; familiarity with other databases and analytic tools a plus
Excellent written and oral communication skills applicable to a wide variety of audiences
Willingness to pursue Project Management Institute certification
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.