AMBULATORY CLINIC MANAGER - AUSTIN HEALTH CENTER 00119710
: Apr 19, 2017, 2:04:08 PM : May 17, 2017, 11:59:00 PM Full-time A.M. P.M. Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE
: Health and Hospital Systems
Austin Health Center
Ambulatory and Community Health Network (ACHN)
4800 W. Chicago Avenue, Chicago, 60651
Working closely and directly with thePhysician Leader, plans, directs, organizes, and controls activities within aCook County Health and Hospital System (CCHHS) community health center and/orfor service line. Oversees all aspects of center operations and provision ofpatient care services including management of clinical, administrative and
interdisciplinary staff, patient accessand flow, resource allocation and the quality service delivery for assignedarea. Is accountable for staff management, financial performance,
labor productivity, adherence to patientaccess and practice standards, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance.
Responsible for effectively andindependently initiating, delegating, supervising and monitoring functionswithin the center, including resource allocation, work assignments,determination of daily work priorities and actions required to meet deadlinesand resolve problems.
Responsible for 24 hour administrativemanagement accountability and day-to-day management of multi-provider group(s)practices or service line. Establishes collaborative partnership with physiciansite leadership to achieve system goals and objectives for the practice orservice line. Works with Nursing leadership on implementation of approvedclinical practices and standards.
Thisposition is exempt from Career Service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
- Reviewsroutine and ad-hoc reports that provide information on practice volumes, cycletime, provider productivity, fiscal year (FY) statistics, sharing informationwith staff.
- Maintainsand approves provider templates to ensure they meet the standards set forth bySystem goals; discusses variances with lead provider and develops action planas required.
- Ensuresthat all practice Provider and ancillary encounters are billed withinestablished timeframe.
- Managescenter's operating and capital budget, monitors personnel and general expenses,responding to variances.
- Ensuresthat staff fully utilize IT systems and are up to date on CCHHS registrationand insurance plans requirements.
- Providesadequate staffing coverage on a daily basis—prepares and posts schedules intimely manner.
- Monitorsvacancy and turnover rates – develops action plans to meet daily requirementsthat provide appropriate standard of care.
- Recommendsadjustment for ongoing staffing model in accordance with care needs of thepopulation.
- Auditsstaff productivity and develops established benchmarks for performance-addresses performance deficits with individualized staff improvement plans.
- MaintainsAttendance and Tardiness Records; prepares and administers discipline for abuseof policies and procedures and non-adherence to clinical practice standards.
- Conductsmonthly meeting with staff to discuss System generated information, reports andother pertinent information presented in management and leadership meetings.Maintains records of meetings, including attending roster.
- Ensuresstaff meets PCMH and clinical practice requirements, including providingpatient access, doing daily huddles, patient screening, pre visit planning,reminder calls and follow-up calls to increase show rates.
- Overseesand maintains timekeeping for staff and maintains acceptable levels of overtime.
- HandlesPatient Complaints and initiates Recovery; documents, tracks patient concernsand conducts patient interviews and follow-up.
- Respondsto EMERS reports in an acceptable time frame.
- MonitorsPress-Ganey data regularly. Reviews anddisseminates to staff with subsequent plans to improve the patient experience.
- Monitorsstaff customer relations performance.
- Conversesand engages patients to collect feedback and to address concerns related topatient experience.
- Trackspatient activity daily through dashboard, identifying trends.
Orderingand Expense Management
- Ordersall medical consumables, office supplies, printed forms, according toestablished procedures for P-Suite.
- Maintainsinventory of all office and clinical supplies; Ensures appropriate storage inaccordance with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Submitsinvoices for payment to vendors for supplies, services and equipment received.
Implementsevidence-based standards of clinical practice to support PCMH concepts,population health, quality improvement and the Triple AIM (excellent qualityand service and efficiency)/ simultaneously improving the health of thepopulation, enhancing the experience andoutcomes for the patient and reducing per capita cost of care. As assessedthrough data from IT system:
- Ensuresthat patient care is delivered within CCHHS established service standards,regulatory requirements and professional standards of care.
- Ensuresthat staff is oriented, trained and competent to provide excellent patient careand service.
- Tracksclinical performance indicators and develops action plans.
- Ensurescare is coordinated across the continuum to promote positive patient outcomesand efficiency.
- Identifiesopportunities for process improvement and initiates improvement efforts withinthe clinic to increase or exceed established metrics.
- Ensuresappropriate patient education and engagement strategies are implemented.
- Maintainsenvironment of care in accordance with regulatory and licensing standards. Responsible for ensuring that offices andpublic areas of the practices are clean and in order.
- ConductsRounds with Environmental Service and Facilities staff to identify deficienciesand to develop corrective action plans.
- Ensuresthat appropriate levels of supplies are stocked in clinical areas as required.
- Ensurethat equipment is in good working order or tagged if not working.
- Assistsas required with new patient initiatives.
Additional Management Responsibilities
- Workswith Human Resources in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff:
- Overseesthe scheduling of clinical and support staff based on patient care needs
- Ensuresthat interdisciplinary staff, contractual staff, students and volunteers meetkey CCHHS performance requirements.
- Preparesand completes Request to Hire (RTH) Packets for submission to Human Resources.
- Resolvesconflicts between staff.
- Maintainsrelevant personnel files.
- Workswith Human Resources to ensure the proper documentation and maintenance ofWorker's Compensation and FMLA records.
- Worksclosely with Human Resources to ensure practice compliance with all local,state and federal laws and guidelines including OSHA, ADA, FMLA and regulatoryrequirements including IDPH, CMS and The Joint Commission.
- Ensurescompliance with HIPAA, emergency and disaster preparedness communication, MSDS(global harmonized system), sexual harassment, universal precautions,confidentiality, security and privacy.
- Ensurescompliance with annual staff training and documentation requirements.
- Ensuresall clinical staff is current on licenses, CPR and other job requirements.
- Followsdowntime procedures for all defined emergency codes at site (computer downtime,electrical, fire, etc.).
- Makessure Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and Quality Management policies arebeing followed.
- Travelsto various locations within the Cook County Health and Hospitals System.
- Performsall other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Reportsto the Regional Director
- Bachelor'sdegree from an accredited college or university is required. Must provideofficial transcripts at time of interview.
- Five(5) years supervisoryor management experience in a health care environment is required.
- Three(3) years of experiencein a management role in health care or in a clinical practice is required.
- Travel to various Cook County Health& Hospitals System work sites isrequired.
- Ability to work flexible schedules,including evenings and weekends isrequired.
- Three (3) years' experience as a Registered Nurse with aBachelor of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited college or universityis preferred.
- Master'sdegree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Five(5) years of clinicalpractice experience is preferred.
- Previous work experience in a unionenvironment is preferred.
- Certification in one or more of thefollowing areas is preferred:
- Certified Medical Manager
- Certified Physician Practice Manager
- Certified Medical Practice Executive
- Certified Medical Office Manager
- Certified Administrator in PhysicianPractice Management
- Bilingual in English andSpanish is preferred.
MUSTMEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and OtherCharacteristics
- Thoroughknowledge of management principles and practices
- Knowledge ofbusiness operations and experience leading project teams
- Thoroughknowledge and understanding of the Health Insurance Portability andAccountability Act (HIPAA) to ensure the protection of the confidentiality andsecurity of healthcare information for all patients
- Knowledgeutilizing Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent management and leadershipskills.
- Excellentverbal and written communications skills
- Skilled in timemanagement as it relates to situations that have competing priorities.
- Ability to workindependently and simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- Ability tofunction as a role model for clinical excellence.
- Ability toassign, prioritize, review and evaluate the work of a variety of employees,including internal employees, vendors, consultants, and combinations thereof.
- Ability tocalculate budget estimates necessary to evaluate costs.
- Ability to train by presenting conceptsand demonstrating tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlinesin a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain a professionaldemeanor and composure when challenged.
- This position requires travelling towork assignments throughout Cook County for which the employee must provide hisor her own adequate means of transportation.
- Must be able towork flexible hours including nights and weekends.
When applyingfor employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preferenceis given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forcesof the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
Totake advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meetthe minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identifyself as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to thequestion by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attacha copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the onewith the latest date. Coast Guard mustsubmit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Departmentof Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After9/11). Discharge papers must list andHonorable Discharge Status. Dischargepapers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- Acopy of a valid State ID Card orDriver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, mayalso be attached to the application at time of filing.
Ifitems are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANSMUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARDOR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical,Dental, and Vision Coverage
- BasicTerm Life Insurance
- PensionPlan and Deferred Compensation Program
- EmployeeAssistance Program
- PaidHolidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Youmay also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program(PSLF)
Forfurther information on our excellent benefits package, please click on thefollowing link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUSTMEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degreesawarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in oneof the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by anapproved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Associationof Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of InternationalCredential Evaluators (AICE). Originalcredentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please noteall offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions:satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminalbackground checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successfulcompletion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictlyprohibited from conditioning, basing or knowinglyprejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOKCOUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER