About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Planning & University Architect (AVP), the Program Coordinator supports the AVP and the Office of University Planning (OUP), and performs a wide variety of duties to assist the AVP, and has extensive interaction with Facilities Department staff and stakeholders. This position assists the AVP in preparing a wide range of written and graphic presentation materials (PowerPoint) that the AVP uses in engagement to the university community, including the quarterly Board of Visitor meetings. The Program Coordinator is responsible for cataloging and maintaining data related to building programs, schedule, cost and other related items to inform future planning and design decisions to include the development of guidelines, policies and procedures related to work being performed by OUP. This position is also responsible for supporting general office functions, internal Facilities Department committees, and university governance committees that OUP supports as well as tracking ongoing projects and initiatives. This position serves as the representative for the AVP in meetings as necessary.
- BA/BS in architecture, landscape architecture, civil engineering, urban planning, public administration, business or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Experience developing presentations and/or reports using Microsoft PowerPoint or other related visual software.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other related design and database software, and ability to prepare and present clear and concise information.
- Demonstrated progressively responsible administrative, analytical, and reporting work in support of a highly complex organization or projects involving analyzing, documenting, and reporting related to building, site and transportation project programs (i.e., scope, cost, schedule, approvals, etc.).
- Experience developing standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures related to program management of building, site, and/or transportation related projects.
- Experience facilitating meetings, events and/or programs such as developing agendas, meeting minutes, and meeting summary reports.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working in a university setting.
- Experience in complex analysis in support of master planning, long range biennial capital planning, and/or site evaluation.
- Experience making verbal presentations to Senior Executives, Boards, and/or Committees.
- Master's degree in architecture, landscape architecture, civil engineering, urban planning, public administration, business or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 05/02/2017