Bilingual Authorization SpecialistPrimary Location:
Office and Administrative SupportOrganization:
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As an Authorization Specialist with Arizona MENTOR, you'll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve by ensuring coverage for client authorized hours by preparing Support Staff schedules and making necessary changes in scheduling. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we'll train you on the rest.
Are you interested in working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and are you looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with Arizona MENTOR to make an impact in people's lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Prepares bi-monthly support staff schedules according to client-authorized hours and in compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintains support staff attendance, schedule changes, overtime, and changes to client schedules according to authorized hours. Performs tabulation and cross-reference with schedules of claim forms.
- Maintains daily schedule changes in AVATAR computer based scheduling program. Updates the AVATAR computer based program for client schedules as assigned per client authorized hours. Notifies program coordinators and supervisors of daily schedule changes and new staff training with clients
- Communicates effectively with support staff, families, clients and the Department of Developmental Disabilities regarding schedules and changes.
- Schedules support staff to cover emergency call-offs and on-call shifts minimizing service gaps.
- Works with clients, families and guardians when new staff will be scheduled.
- Responsible for recording and forwarding Incident Reports in accordance with corporate and state regulatory standards.
- Provides monitoring, consultation and support to staff and families regarding work with clients and implementation of service plans. May make home visits. Conducts meetings as required.
- Maintains current and complete client records and reports in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards.
- May recruit, screen, hire and evaluate support personnel, ensuring appropriate training and development in order to facilitate a match for each client.
If you have a passion for those we serve... we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- High school diploma or GED; Associates degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients' rights are upheld
- Valid AZ driver's license in good standing
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay for eligible positions
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
Bring the right attitude; we'll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Arizona MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!