Located in central Denver’s historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region’s most complex medical cases and surgery patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2014); top 50th orthopedic program ranking by U.S. News & World Report with high performing honors in eight specialties (2014); an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety (2014), as well as many others. The Porter tradition of blending science and spirit began more than 75 years ago by Denver businessman Henry Porter with his generous donation after he experienced care at a Seventh Day Adventist Facility in CA and sought to bring that same philosophy of care to Denver. If you are ready for a career where the work you do truly transcends the walls of a hospital, we invite you to learn more at: http://www.porterhospital.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 102766
Recruiter Contact: Hannahwair@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 7331 PAH RADIOLOGY DIAG
Hospital: PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
This position is flexible with the duties varying with the needs of the department and the experience of the student. The position does not have clinical rotations built into it; this position addresses time and duties that are above and beyond school requirements and placements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be enrolled in an approved ARRT training program (At least in the second year of the program within 6 months of graduation)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- File Room Duties – filing reports and films, mail-outs, answering the phones, etc. (see File Room job description)
- Transporting (see Transporting job description)
- Front Desk Duties (see Front Desk job description)
- Performs diagnostic radiology procedures, providing safety for self, patients and all other individuals to include radiation safety.
- Prepares patient for exams; gives instructions to patients regarding procedures; assists the patient during the exam and positions the patient.
- Explains the procedure to patients and responds to their physical and emotional needs.
- Observes patient and equipment during the procedure and reports/documents unusual occurrences and records patient's conditions.
- Transports patients to and from medical imaging.
- Produces and develops quality radiographs in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Properly processes images, uses x-ray cassettes and calculates exposure techniques using the departmental technique policies/guidelines.
- Assists radiologists, staff physicians and fluoro technologists during exams if required.
- Communicates, in writing and verbally, with all physicians, imaging personnel, students and hospital staff in facilitating the continuum care.
- As assigned by management, performs technologist duties of other ARRT certified modality.
- Facilitates smooth patient flow, scheduling and optimal use of equipment/resources.
- Administration of contrast as required.
- Prepares room, equipment and exam materials needed for exams.
- Maintains technical operation of equipment, notifies service when necessary, notifies supervisor of equipment problems and logs the service calls and problems into the problem log.
- Maintains a clean work area for employees and patients.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.