| New York Life Investments, a division of New York Life Insurance Company, is one of the world's largest global asset managers. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, the Investments Group manages premiums paid by the company's six million policyholders, and a global asset management business. New York Life Investments offers a full suite of guaranteed products and annuities, as well as institutional and retail asset management products. It also oversees ten independent investment management boutiques responsible for managing the company's third party assets. |
The role is within New York Life Investment Management's Investment Consulting Group (ICG). The team is responsible for investment and risk oversight for the portfolios held by both institutional separate and commingled accounts and mutual fund clients of the NYLIM boutiques and MainStay Funds.
The Director, Equity Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for performing investment focused oversight and due diligence on a variety of strategies, with focus on fundamental equity related strategies. This position requires working knowledge of fundamental equity research and portfolio construction, returns and holdings based statistical analysis, as well as risk management. Ideal candidates should have statistical programming and factor development experience, and have experience working as part of, or supporting fundamental equity portfolio management team.
- Produce detailed analysis on the investment teams' stock research, portfolio construction, trading, and risk management process
- Develop equity factor models on the customized factors used by the portfolio managers
- Generate investment insights, identify emerging risks, and influence on mitigating unintended risk
- Identify strength and weakness of the investment teams, make manager selection recommendations to the senior management
- Support the analytical needs of the investment teams and product teams
- Provide the informed challenge to the investment teams and product teams, while working constructively to recommend actionable improvements
- Minimum three (five or more preferred) of appropriate experience gained from work as equity portfolio manager, or as buy-side equity quant supporting fundamental portfolio managers
- Experience in proprietary equity factor model development, statistical programming, and risk management techniques
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate and effectively influence fundamental portfolio managers in portfolio positioning and risk taking
- Must have the ability to work both independently as well as within a team on multiple time-sensitive projects with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- MBA / CFA a plus
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.