Infinity Foods has an immediate, full-time, permanent opening for a Financial Accountant, reporting to the Finance Director. The individual will be responsible for general accounting operations, month-end close activity, ad hoc analysis of commercial and operations finance, including the identification of Sustainable Cost Advantage (SCA) opportunities, product Cost & Feasibilities (C&F), and assessment of Total Production Cost (TPC).
This position could be used as a stepping stone into future positions within Infinity’s multinational, parent company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the daily, monthly, and quarterly financial reporting processes, including providing guidance and support to internal business partners in an effort to streamline and improve the accuracy of information reported on a regular basis.
- Perform financial accounting functions, such as journal entry preparation and posting, account reconciliation, trial balance, and financial statement reporting.
- Analysis of key financial data and accounts, in an effort to improve accuracy and clarity of reporting to senior management.
- Implement/ execute accounting policies and procedures surrounding internal controls; including timely closing of period reporting.
- Accounting, tracking and reporting for new capital projects.
- Perform cycle counts quarterly in the warehouse (Raw, Packaging, and Finished Goods) to ensure account inventory balances.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Provide weekly and monthly analysis of key drivers for performance variance from budget, and forecast for volume, sales and margin.
- Support management decision-making through analysis of past performance and projecting financial scenarios.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement.
- Provide on-going risk assessment against budget objectives.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes, including modelling volume, net sales, and gross profit; ensuring assumptions are consistent, data is accurate and risks and opportunities are understood.
- Assist in the creation of the Annual Operating Contract (AOC) and Quarterly Business Review (QBR) presentations.
Ad Hoc Projects
- Participate in a companywide SAP system implementation.
- Research and gather data in order to provide a recommendation to solve an existing issue or simply to understand a complex process.
- Participate in department or cross-functional teams, as assigned, in order to assist in the completion of process improvement initiatives or other special projects.
- Work with McCain Finance to harmonize/ standardize processes, and identify opportunities to reduce costs; may be involved in ISC Finance projects involving other McCain locations/ functions