Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited university. Minimum of five years of progressively responsible health care management experience with three of those years supervising/managing licensed clinical nursing staff, including the design, development and direction of health related programing and services and fiscal management of financial resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience is required.
- Professional licensing as a Registered Nurse in the State of California, certification, and/or credential verification is required
- Motor Vehicle Records/Licensing Check is required
Skills Requirements and Essential Functions:
- Recent record of increasingly responsible professional leadership experience in a healthcare facility is essential along with the ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures efficiently and effectively;
- Possess highly effective interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent oral and written skills;
- Familiarity with University and system-wide policies and procedures, especially campus policy manuals related to appointment and evaluation of faculty;
- Have working knowledge in managing conflict and dispute resolution;
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of people including, administrators, faculty, staff, department chairs, academic student employees, union representatives and the external community;
- Ability to comprehend and digest large amounts of information, and the ability to be flexible to adjust to competing priorities and work assignments;
- Demonstrate excellent organization and problem solving skills and have a proven track record for showing an ability to work effectively under pressure, and responsive to multiple priorities;
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and various medical equipment.
- Observe/Seeing to assess injuries.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Pushing or pulling wheelchairs.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching during medical or emergency situations.
- Lifting up 25 lbs.
May be exposed to communicable diseases
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Documentation of Immunity to Hepatitis B and Varicella or immunization series; TB clearance; Tetanus/Diphtheria vaccine documented within 10 years is required.