- A terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A record of at least seven years as an accomplished faculty member and two years as an academic administrator in higher education (preferably as chair, associate dean, or dean), and eligible to hold a tenured, full-professor faculty appointment at CSUSB.
- A record of commitment to diversity (i.e. recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, students, and staff; infusion of diversity into the curriculum; promoting a work environment that is inclusive and collegial for all faculty, staff, and students).
- Experience with compliance, report generation and strategic planning.
- Experience with budget management.
- Experience providing supervision of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to motivate others into action with deans, department chairs, and faculty.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)