The Sioux Falls VA Health Care System is recruiting forfive Full Time, Permanent,Psychiatrists. Location will depend on applicant and availability. Assignment to other areas within the MentalHealthservice, Medical Center or CBOC's may be required.
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documenting, observations, and changes in patient's condition; collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes providing a full range of psychiatric care to patients with a variety of physical and /or behavior problems; and accountable for meeting and maintain the qualification standards of assigned specialty. Our facility is seeking individuals who possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work, a demonstrated ability to assume leadership in a patient centered program, and the ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Must be computer literate withskills to access and input electronic medical documentation.
- Responsible for the successful achievement of applicable Performance Measures.
- Clinical Responsibilities:
- Psychiatrists provide telemedicine care and will need to complete Suboxone certification.
- Assist in other service lines initiatives to include Suboxone clinics and other psychiatry clinics.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and using the most appropriate psychopharmacologic techniques in providing quality care.
- Performs consultations, screenings and evaluations.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including: individual and group psychotherapy, psycho education, treatment planning.
- May conduct Compensation and Pension Evaluations.
Work Schedule: The tour of dutyis typically Monday-Friday,weekends, on-calland rotating holidays. Additional information regarding the tour of duty for these positions will be covered during the interview process.
Throughout the duration of this vacancy announcement, applications that are received will be referred to the selecting official on a bi-weekly basis.
Functional Statement Title/#: Physician
- Citizenship of the United States. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completed a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Physicians, including residents, appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience:Board certified/board eligible preferred. The candidateshould have significant accomplishments in clinical practice and educational activities which clearly distinguish the physician as having the highest professional qualifications.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2, Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the Human Resources Office.
Note: Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary. Typically, the employee will sit to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items (such as books, papers), accessing transportation, and/or driving a government vehicle.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application package which includes the following REQUIRED material listed below:
- Complete and current professional resume or CV.
- VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors. Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
- Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire. (Listed within the Application Manager program when you click on the "Apply Online" button).
- Please use the checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD-214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1941991.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.