| Athletics Intern|
Lakeside School, an independent coeducational day school located in North Seattle, is currently recruiting for an Athletics Intern. The Athletics Intern, reporting to the Director of Athletics, is part of an interscholastic athletics program that includes 23 varsity teams, most of which have both sub-varsity and middle-school counterparts. The Athletics Intern is part of the five-person athletics department team, joining the director, two assistant directors, and the athletics administrative assistant. The Athletics Intern is directly responsible for supporting the activities of all individual sports programs. This is a stipend eligible position beginning August 21st, 2017 and continuing through June 1st, 2018. On campus schedule will be after 3:00 p.m. until daily athletics events end with some weekend work required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Support the director and assistant director for the Upper School with all social media communications;
• Support the director’s production of website content;
• Support the assistant director for the Upper School with the production and editing of the media guide and game programs;
• Support the assistant director when hosting events. This includes, but is not limited to, set-up and tear-down; work at the scorer’s table; event supervision;
• Be the gym manager for all home, indoor events (volleyball, basketball, wrestling);
• Support of parent association projects; and
• Other duties as assigned by the director of athletics and the assistant director of athletics.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Experience working in an athletics department or for a professional team;
• Strong writing skills;
• Experience with social media and website work to promote individuals and teams;
• Experience with Photoshop or similar software; and
• Successful completion of a nationwide criminal background check and a Washington State Patrol background check.
Compensation and Benefits
Lakeside School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding coaching candidates who will add to the racial, cultural, economic and gender diversity of our school community. The stipend for this position will be $4,500 and will be paid in monthly installments during the internship period. Other benefits include Lakeside Athletics apparel and access to funds for professional development.
Lakeside School was founded in 1919, and currently enrolls 851 students in grades 5 through 12 from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds.
The School’s Mission and the shared commitment of all Lakeside employees is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits needed to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society. We provide a rigorous, dynamic academic program through which effective educators lead students to take responsibility for learning. We are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community and in the joy and importance of lifelong learning.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via the online application located on Lakeside’s website (www.lakesideschool.org). From the home page choose About Us / Careers/ View and Apply For Available Jobs. Questions about this position may be directed to Chris Hartley, director of athletics (email@example.com). Please DO NOT send resumes or cover letters directly to Chris Hartley.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to diversify its workplace.