Wiley Rein LLP is seeking a Network Engineer to join our Information Services team.
Under the direction of the Network Operations Manager, the Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all infrastructure, networked software and associated operating systems. The Network Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Expected hours are Monday – Friday from 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM, with additional hours as necessary.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Manage and maintain successful network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, WLAN, and Internet connections
- Configure, maintain, and manage SAN environment in DC and co-location sites.
- Monitor network security to protect against external, internal, and/or programmatic attacks.
- Assist in defining overall network security strategies and procedures.
- Install, configure and maintain VMware environment for Windows Server 2008/2012 network servers.
- Proactively manage and optimize multiple Exchange sites.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Configure, maintain and support customer remote access including VPN and Citrix solutions.
- Manage and maintain successful backup and continuity solutions in primary and secondary locations.
- Serve as an escalation point for network system operational issues.
- Maintain primary data center including all considerations for power management, temperature, humidity and cabling.
- Configure, maintain, and support mobile device infrastructure and management platforms.
- Support Active Directory and group policies within a Windows Server 2008/2012 environment.
- Administer network monitoring software to ensure timely alerts and response to network and systems issues.
- Manage, administer and maintain telephony and unified communication systems.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Investigate developing network technologies and provide recommendations regarding the future application of such technologies and related productivity gains.
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to after-hours issues in a timely manner based upon severity and/or business impact.
- Other duties as assigned.