Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 24 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
Pathways by Molina is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSAs, vacation, sick, basic and optional life insurance, EAP, 401k (100% match for the 1st 4% employee contribution/immediate vesting) and an Employee Stock Purchase.
Pathways by Molina is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a Part-Time Psychiatrist (24 hours weekly).
Responsible for providing culturally appropriate psychiatric and medication management services to program clients which includes evaluation and assessment, diagnoses, and prescription of medication and monitoring medication side effects and participation in treatment process. Will supervise nurse practitioner and RNs. Will also provide supervision input on LVNs and RNs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Completes psychiatric medication assessments, multi-axial diagnosis and documentation including assessments, evaluation, diagnosis and follow-up notes meeting all the standards of the company, and County, State and Federal regulatory boards.
- Assesses for clinical conditions and refer out for medical conditions. Address medical concerns as they relate to psychotropic medication prescribed.
- Provides psychiatric services to program participants for 24 hours weekly
- Identifies clients’ current MORS and provides services that will facilitate movement to a lower level of care.
- Evaluates all clients entering the program for medical and behavioral health needs.
- Acts as psychiatric consultant to staff members of other disciplines providing assessment as needed.
- Supervises licensed staff on medication dispensing and any medication related issues.
- Completes documentation, as soon as service is provided and ensure that it meetins the standards established in the program and MediCal and Medicare.
- Provides staff training in-services as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Assist with the supevision of the LVN.
- Will supervise the LVN, RN and nurse practitioner on clinical/medication issues.
- Attends monthly treatment teams to discuss case planning for clients and movement to a lower level of care.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) received from an accredited medical school.
- Board Certified in adult psychiatry or eligible for the certification examination in adult psychiatry as defined by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Independently licensed to practice medicine in the State of California. Must maintain a minimum of $1,000,000 of professional liability insurance.
- Must have completed a two year psychiatry fellowship; with emphasis on adult preferred. Strong clinical and interpersonal skills, ability to lead and direct work of others, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Intermediate level PC skills required.