Maintain clinical needs to ensure patient flow from scheduling to check in. Act as liaison between PET Center, patients, insurance company, and billing department. Ensure that proper billing codes are being used.
* Assist patients with directions and resolving clinical clerical and scheduling needs.
* Coordinate the pre-registration process.
* Schedule appointments as requested by physicians via Epic Work queue List or faxed orders including anesthesiology when needed.
* Compile and distribute clinic schedule of patients for the next day.
* Confirm patient appointments for the next day's clinic and provide preparation for the scan scheduled.
* Coordinate patient appointments with other departments within the hospital.
* Organize the scheduling of inpatients accepted as a temporary transfer outpatient from other Johns Hopkins entities.
* Coordinate insurance verification, referral/authorization, and pre-certification (when appropriate).
* Explain financial collections to patient when appropriate.
* Inform all patients of their financial documentation needed for their visit.
* Entering all financial information into the appropriate systems for inpatient and outpatient needs.
* Serves as the patients advocate ensuring patient's access to appropriate clinical services.
* Greet and interview patients and family members in order to verify accuracy by collection of demographics, insurance, and referral information.
* Enter any changes or medications into appointment notes for all patients.
* Complete all new patient identification procedures.
* Assign a Johns Hopkins Medical Record Number when needed.
* Arranged special services for mute patients and foreign patients, and directed and arranged for patient to be escorted to their destinations within the hospital.
* Answer multi-lined phones.
* Register patients when requested for both PET/CT and Tower desk.
* Enter necessary information into the IDEAS database when required.
* Assist billing department with proper coding of scans for release of bills that hit internal audit.
* Preform any other duties as needed for the care and safety of any patient or colleague.