| Posting Summary: University of Virginia Treasury Management is seeking a Treasury Analyst. |
The Treasury Analyst Position is designed to participate in various Treasury Operations, including Cash/Working Capital Management, Bank Relationship Management, Debt Management, Enterprise-Risk Management, Foundation Relations and Internal Banking. The position will use skill developed in the areas of financial analysis, forecasting and reporting, as well as technical skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
Position will participate in internal and external meetings and presentations, as well as collaborate across university grounds with departments such as Accounting, Budget, Risk Management, Facilities, and Real Estate to contribute to department deliverables. Externally, position will have exposure to commercial banks, investment bankers, financial advisors, UVA-related Foundations and commercial bankers, thru established university relationships.
Required Minimum Level of Education: *Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Required Specific Degree/Training: Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or related field. If degree is in unrelated area, relevant practical experience can be substituted.
Required Minimum Level of Experience: Some - up to 4 years
Preferred License or Certification: CCM (Certified Cash Manager) preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: - Working knowledge of the principles of fiscal management, financial analysis, and business administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with financial models.
- Qualitative, analytical, writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to: collect and analyze data to derive conclusions and recommendations; prepare and analyze complex financial information; create oral and written reports that are clear, concise and thorough; make an impact on the financial bottom-line.
- Proactive self-starter who is intellectually curious, and independently resourceful.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Sound conceptual reasoning.
- Integrity and strong commitment to fiduciary responsibility for the areas under management; good judgment and strong common sense.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment required to balance working independently and keeping supervisor advised of progress
- Ability to communicate effectively and be a good listener; work effectively on teams, know when circumstances dictate leading and when they dictate following, and act accordingly; be organized and diligent and have a positive and professional attitude.
- Experience with diverse populations preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues and represent the University with external parties in a professional and ethical manner.
Required Computer Applications: - Significant experience with computers
- Proficiency with spreadsheet analysis
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Various 3rd party and web-based applications