| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As a Client Tech Specialist II you will:
- Provide analysis, design, implementation and troubleshooting support for complex client server and desktop technology systems.
- Support design, configuration, implementation and 3rd/4th level troubleshooting for a variety of client applications, network/domain and desktop operating systems (including WINTEL, Apple, LINUX/UNIX and possibly z/OS).
- Handle priority NT domain administration assignments, NOS/Application image integration and testing, software distribution support and critical special projects (such as specialized server set-up, application rollouts, etc).
- Interface with vendors, peer technical groups/staff and executive management.
- BA or BS degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent experience/certifications with 2-4 years experience in complex client server and internetworking environments.
- Requires expert knowledge of all major client NOS, applications and internetworking platforms/architectures inclusive of TCP/IP, WINTEL, Apple, LINUX/UNIX (possibly z/OS), Microsoft Office, SMS, Enterprise Administrator, MS/Access, SQL (relational) database technology and network/desktop hardware technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to work directly with all levels of staff and management, inclusive of senior and executive management.
- Proven vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Video and Polycom experience highly desirable
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.