| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
- High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- If order entry in the electronic medical record is part of the job’s function/responsibilities, Registered/Certified Medical Assistant or successfully achieve Medical Assistant registration/certification or pass assessment-based recognition (ABR) within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager.
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 to $18.31 per hour.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of general office equipment and computers.
- Medical Assistant Certification.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Center for Advanced Medicine, Gastrointestinal Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform all aspects of a scheduler and customer service representative. To ensure accuracy of data entered into the scheduling system including scheduling transactions, mini-registrations, entering demographic and insurance/referral information. Position obtains insurance information, referral forms, and counsels patients on financial assistance when seen in department for services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules, reschedules, cancels, and confirms patient appointments and patient procedures. Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms
- Registers new patients in the IDX registration system as needed using mini-registration. Obtains complete and accurate demographic and insurance information.
- Ensures appointments are scheduled appropriately in accordance with procedures to include referral and registration processes. Enters referrals, pre-cert and pre-visit testing information in appropriate visit data fields.
- Assist with documenting and maintaining scheduling protocols.
- Serves as a liaison between consumers (staff, patients, healthcare professionals and general public) and advocates the patient’s needs.
- Explains billing process to patients, answers incoming inquiries from patients and third-party payers
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding the billing process
- Collects payments and assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other scheduling duties; assists with basic account maintenance activities
- Complete order entry in the electronic medical record including lab, radiology, and other testing. Completes requisitions/orders per Washington University guidelines.