Providence is calling a Carpenter (Plant Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE - Fulltime) to St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Construct and maintain all interior and exterior carpenter-related areas of all facilities.
- Complete work generated from maintenance work orders written by department heads or supervisors.
- Professionally remodel areas of the building to include emolition, wall construction, ceiling, floor covering and door installation of the normal work function of the area
- Build and install cabinets, counters and shelves of a quality to match hospital standards.
- Paint wood, metal, plaster, sheetrock, concrete and other surfaces using a brush, roller or spray gun.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Five years in the construction trade as carpenter
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Facilities / Engineering
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 150135