Providence is calling a Clinical Instructor - Chemistry (Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Facilitate the educational opportunities for the students of the School of Medical Laboratory Science and the MLT Program.
- Be responsible for curriculum development, theoretical and practical instruction, and evaluation of students.
- Participate in the student selection process and in recruitment.
- Respond to program PI activities and implements change.
- Participate in inter-professional education with PA students, medical students and other health care providers.
- Serve as an educational resource for the department
- Perform, evaluate and report results on specimens received for analysis; solve problems, instruct new employees and students, operate instruments and perform maintenance function checks and troubleshooting.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Baccalaureate Degree in related health sciences
- Medical Laboratory Scientist with current national certification
- Minimum 3 years current experience in field of instruction
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of clinical chemistry
- Able to effectively use PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent attendance record and dependability,communication skills, teamwork, professionalism, positive demeanor, ability toget along with others and multi-tasking required.
- Ability to performtesting in the chemistry department as needed.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous teaching experience
- Experience in education techniques and methodologies,teaching classes, and using educational technology preferred.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Education
Req ID: 146053