The Swedish Cancer Institute is looking for a Research Assistant, \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Research Assistant is responsible for providing support as needed for basic research, clinical research or research administration activities\. Job specifics vary depending on the research area to which the individual is assigned\. Responsibilities may include tasks related to patient care and the support of patients on clinical trials\.
In this position you will:
- Support document preparation that may include some or all of the following: word\-processing, photocopying, distributing, tracking information, editing and proofreading\.
- Collect and coordinate information required for staff or investigators which may include some or all of the following: retrieval of information from libraries, medical records or literature searches\.
- Support financial management that may include: managing invoices, billing, data entry, forms completion, and any other tasks identified as needed\. Assists in resolving billing issues for patients as instructed\. May reconcile charge tickets against patient schedules\.
- Support data processing and coordination which may include some or all of the following: abstraction of data from medical, administrative or research\-related records, coding, data entry, patient screening log completion, and completion of required forms such as study related Case Report Forms\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school education or GED
- Six to 12 months prior experience
- Working knowledge of computers \(either DOS\-based or Macintosh\)
- Standard office software packages \(Word, WordPerfect, Lotus, Excel, Access, Power Point, etc\.\)
- Standard office equipment \(photocopiers, facsimiles, telephones, pagers, etc\.\)
- Familiar with medical, scientific or healthcare environments either through coursework or experience
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 147629