Kadlec has anexciting opportunity for a Phlebotomist to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Part time, 0\.6\. Variable shifts\.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited educational institution required\.
- Completion of a formal Phlebotomy Training Program required\.
- Washington State MA\-Phlebotomist Licensure required\.
- One year customer service experience required\.
- Healthcare experience preferred\.
- National certification by one or more agencies\. I\.e\. ASCP, ASPT, NCA, NPA, or AMT preferred\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Phlebotomist you will perform a variety of functions related to specimen collection, specimen processing, data entry, receiving and logging phone orders, retrieving lab results for physicians or their representatives, control and management of confidential information and documents, and report sorting and filing\. Specimen collection for blood samples will be restricted to venous or capillary access\.
- Abstracts data from worksheets or patient health record and submits to the appropriate agencies, via electronic submission or others standard processes\.
- Retrieves paper health record documents from several locations within the health system\.
- Performs competent phlebotomies on patients of all ages as ordered by a qualified provider\.
- Handles and processed laboratory specimens including but not limited to blood, body fluids, and tissue\.
- Follows hospital policy of identifying every patient and specimen by two step matching I\.D\. process\.
- Observes all patients during phlebotomy procedures for adverse reactions\.
- Labels all specimens immediately, while still in the presence of the patient\.
- Performs specimen processing to prepare samples for testing\.
- Operates laboratory computer system to enter patient data, track specimens, retrieve results, and tracking data\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
To provide quality health care for every patient\. Our Vision: To be the comprehensive regional integrated health delivery system\. Our Values: Respect, Integrity, and Cooperation\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 146631