Providence is calling a Accountant to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to perform complex accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis requiring professional competency. Primary areas of responsibility include: general ledger, standard and special journal entries, financial statements and reports, account analysis and reconciliations.
In this position you will:
- Works on the monthly general ledger closing process via preparation of accounting journal entries, performing basic analysis of accounts and accruals, and posting journal entries into the system. An accountant can be responsible for a small entity with proper manager review of work.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation for assigned accounts including research and preparing any correcting entries for approval and posting.
- May work on regional cash processes including wire transfers, ACH initiations, stop payments, regional cash book database, cleared check files and cash projection spreadsheets.
- Participates in unit/department performance improvement activities to ensure the development and implementation of processes that support quality service and effective work performance.
- Participates in all staff meetings and mandatory in services and training programs to ensure continued understanding of all departmental policies, procedures and performance improvement programs and processes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum two years of general ledger experience or staff accountant experience
- Microsoft Office applications, Intermediate Excel, Basic Word, Outlook, and Access.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 147997