Providence is calling an IAM Provisioning Specialist to our Identity and Access Management team in Renton, WA.
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) Provisioning team is responsible for provisioning of access (the process of creating, maintaining, and removing user accounts to various systems, ensuring the right level of access at the right time). Working under established guidelines, policies and protocols, this position ensures the proper access to all types of enterprise applications and data communications systems and services for each customer.
In this position you will :
- Provide customer support and tier 2 support for end user community.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of provisioning and fulfillment of access requests for the primary service markets they serve.
- Work independently to provision access to core systems, achieving accurate, timely results with few errors.
- Work under direct supervision to provision access to moderately complex systems, taking direction from other team members, supervisor, manager or director.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, completing assigned tasks on time.
- Possibly perform after hours on-call duties (24/7) on a rotating basis.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's degree or two (2) years of related education, experience, or training, in a distributed computing environment, healthcare, or customer service environment (or a combination of education and experience).
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies, service delivery processes, clinical practices, and inpatient or outpatient operations.
- Skilled at time management and strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to remain poised, patient, and respectful in difficult situations.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of related education, experience, or training, in a distributed computing, healthcare, or customer service environment (or a combination of education and experience).
About the department you will serve.
Providence Health and Services - Information Services (PHS IS) is the organization responsible for delivering technology solutions and support to Providence, Swedish, and aligned providers and clinics. The organization is critical for Providence to drive toward common clinical and administrative processes, best practices, superior quality outcomes, a common brand and user experience, and affordability. IS is a service community fostering healthcare intelligence and care transformation. IS delivers responsive, reliable, innovative results that help Providence be where patients want their care, where people want to work, a source of community pride, and a place others want to join.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 138815