Providence is calling an Accounts Payable Payment/Compliance Specialist to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Payment/Compliance Specialist to perform a variety of complex reporting and analytical functions as well as coordinates specialized activities within the accounts payable area. Primary area of responsibility will be performing a variety of accounts payable reports, analysis, applying accepted procedures to the creation and maintenance of accounting related records and preparing financial, statistical and/or technical data, including analysis of the data, for use in reports, check/electronic payment production and department support. This position is responsible for many aspects of regularly scheduled and intermittent internal and external audits involving Accounts Payable. This position acts to provide education and customer support services when needed. Performs all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and reflects the Providence Health System mission, philosophy, and core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
In this position you will:
- Assist or lead accurate 1099 audit, vendor validation/correction, extract 1099 payments, upload to 1099 software and issue forms according to IRS rules and regulations.
- Assist or lead AP daily/monthly/yearly internal/external audits which require an in depth understanding of audit functions, including tables, parameters, master files, and database structure. In addition to an in depth understanding of AP processes and procedures. Must engage AP analysts and specialists to ensure accuracy of AP data as needed.
- Assist or lead in other AP compliance areas including, but not limited to unclaimed property, physician validation, independent contractor Validation and electronic payment program management.
- Design, maintain, run, analyze and document daily reports/queries. Research errors or inconsistencies connecting to invoice audits, GL posting verification, auto-matched invoices, tax posting and other items. Look for trends. Perform follow-up tasks on problems. Research options to optimize various process and procedures.
- Develop and/or maintain knowledge and skills in order to maximize efficient management and procedures.
- Develop and/or maintain process/procedure manual and appropriate curriculum/training materials necessary to train coworkers. Train new staff on reports and systems.
- Execute, analyze and report on test plans as needed for software and procedure changes.
- Assist in review and creation of accounts payable procedures for all AP compliances.
- Assist with special projects, audits, month and year end balancing.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- The position requires a minimum of three years' experience processing accounts payable for multiple entities and locations.
- Proficient in MS Office suite products including Excel, Word and Access.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science or the equivalent.
- Experience with Lawson.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supply Chain
Req ID: 145381