Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Care Specialist (Polson Family Medicine Clinic, Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Communicate and collaborate closely with physicians and other members of the care team to provide consistent quality care for patients.
- Accept responsibility and accountability for assigned patients as a clinic nurse and care manager to plan implement and evaluate the care for patients.
- Assist patients/families, staff and systems to achieve high quality, evidence based, cost-effective, and patient focused outcomes.
- Evaluate, plan, and revise care as needed, in coordination with the care team and primary care provider.
- Be responsible for pertinent patient information regarding the plan of care the patient receives. Coordinating communication with care team members is a high priority.
- Through skilled assessment, education, collaboration and coordination of healthcare and community resources, assist patients to gain self-efficacy/management skills, achieve optimum functional health status, and quality of life.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State of Montana
- Current Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BSN highly preferred
- 2-5 years nursing experience (clinic nursing experience preferred)
- Medical home care model experience highly preferred
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250 employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large, sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to Providence St. Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 128311