Providence is calling a Full Time, Day shift Data Analyst - Strategic and Organizational Transformation to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, Ca.
In this position you will:
- Lead the development of algorithms, metrics, reports, and dashboards needed to support the Strategic and Organizational Transformation (S&OT) department in enhancing strategy alignment and continuous improvement at the ministry.
- Primarily consist of data exploration, data retrieval, report generation, data analysis, statistical analysis, data representation, dashboard updates and maintenance, and report and dashboard design.
- Be responsible for supporting a number of projects with varying complexity.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Science.
- Ability to organize and follow through consistently and effectively.
- Accountable for deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong relational database knowledge
- Strong computer skills (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, databases, statistical packages).
- Proficient with project design, project management, data entry, data quality control.
- Competent in research skills (i.e., problem solving, questioning, listening, innovating).
- Competent in written and oral communication and organization skills.
- Proficient with statistical analysis, interpretations and feedback to clinical managers.
- Demonstrated ability to graphically display and present analytic data
- Ability to write advances queries using SQL.
- Information Technology
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Engineering background helpful
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Advanced Access database design and management
- Experience in healthcare preferred (hospital, lab, physician offices, etc)
- Lean or Six Sigma experience.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center,Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital. We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Non-Clinical)
Req ID: 150611