Providence is calling a Patient Care Technician to the Medical Surgical Department at Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, AK.
Patient Care Technician assists patients with activities of daily living and selective procedures delegated and communicated by licensed nurse (RN or LPN). These activites focus on maintaining a safe, hazard free, clean environment which facilitates patient focused care.
In this position, you will:
- Perform duties to assist in activities of daily living such as bathing, ambulating, and nourishment.
- Record vital signs, I&O, weights, ADLs, meal intake, and other required documentation in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
- Report changes in patient condition, problematic and unusual circumstances to Primary Caregiver and Professional Associates.
- Communicate effectively with the RN or other caregivers regarding patient issues, family issues, MD issues, and equipment.
- Assist in the patient admitting, transfer, and discharge procedure.
- Check and restock supplies and emergency equipment and replaces as instructed.
- Maintain and operate multiple pieces of equipment in a safe and effective manner to improve patient care.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or GED required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completed training as a Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Completion of CNA program or six months of health care experience preferred.
About this Ministry:
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 141155