Providence is calling a Maintenance Technician II to the Building Maintenance Department at Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, AK.
The Maintenance Technician II will coordinate, inspect and perform the repairs and maintenance of building finishes and minor equipment under the direction of the Building and Plant Supervisor.
In this position you will:
- Logically investigate and analyze symptoms to accurately identify problems.
- Demonstrate competence and knowledge in the utilization of standard test equipment.
- Demonstrate basic working knowledge for minor electrical repairs, relamping and ballast replacement, emergency lighting and LIM units.
- Demonstrate basic working knowledge for minor plumbing repairs on sinks, toilets, floor drains and HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate basic working knowledge for minor carpentry, door hardware, painting and other miscellaneous minor building repairs or projects.
- Demonstrate basic working knowledge for minor repairs, misc. equipment including beds, wheel chairs, gurneys and case carts.
- Effectively interpret manuals and schematics, including blueline drawings and emergency procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Vocational certification and/or an apprentice program in HVAC mechanic, carpentry, boiler operator, plumbing, electrician or biomedical electronics technician or Associates degree.
- Alaska Driver's License.
- Fire Extinguisher / Sprinkler Inspection Certification completed within one (1) year.
- Three (3) years of general maintenance experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Hospital maintenance experience.
- Boiler and limited electrical licensing.
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Maintenance
Req ID: 149380