Providence is calling a Multi-Modality Technologist to Providence Seward Medical Center in Seward, AK.
This position must be registered and able to perform all assigned duties and essential functions of at least two modalities, to include, Sonography, Mammography, Computerized Tomographic (CT) Scanning, or Radiologic Imaging.
In this position you will:
- SONOGRAPHY. If qualified performs all required duties as a Registered Sonographer.
- MAMMOGRAPHY. If qualified performs all required duties as a Registered Mammographic Technologist.
- COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHIC (CT) SCANNING. If qualified performs all Computerized Tomography (CT) scan Procedures as ordered by provider and according to policies and procedures.
- RADIOLOGIC. If qualified performs all essential functions of a registered radiologic technologist using a variety of equipment, as ordered by provider and according to policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for maintaining and basic troubleshooting of sonographic, mammographic, radiographic, and/or CT scan equipment as applicable.
- Communicate with physicians, nurses, and other members of the team concerning patient status, diagnosis, or related information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- For sonographer completion of an AMA accredited ultrasound program (minimum of one year in length). Associate degree in a related health care field or credentials with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (A.R.D.M.S.).
- For mammographer, completion of an American College of Radiology (ACR) approved mammography course and a registered radiologic technologist (ARRT).
- For radiographer and completion of an ACR approved training program for Radiologic Technologists.
- Must be available for on-call and weekends
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years general sonography experience
- Recent ultrasound experience including abdomen, OB/GYN, vascular and small parts
- One-year clinical experience as mammographer
- Two years clinical experience (including general, portable and trauma exams) as a radiologic technologist
- One-year work experience in CT
- Membership in a professional organization such as the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, Society of Vascular Technologists, American Society of Radiologic Technologists, or the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
About Providence Seward Medical Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 137411